Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Love Gift

Landing on the white patio rail, he seemed to scrutinize me as I watched him just beyond the glass door. I expected him to fly away from the discomfort of human closeness but he stayed and walked the rail, twisting his head to assess his surroundings.

My Creator had used doves before to remind me of his presence. Once, from a red bud tree, God's Spirit spoke consolation as I meditated on Scripture. "My eye is on you."

I had been asking for a tangible expression of God's presence. Yes, I know the Word says God loves me and will not leave, but I was weary, unsettled by a long parade of unfamiliar circumstances that demanded hard decisions. So I looked for encouragement, and the Heavenly Dove sent me a turtledove.

I call you my friend. I love you as much as my Father loves me!  I will never leave nor forsake you. Didn't I promise to help you? Several times. Trust me, my love. Accept my presence as a love gift to you. (See John 15; Hebrews 13:5; Proverbs 3:5-6; Romans 8:32.)

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

I invite you to meditate with me on Hebrews 13:5-6:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."

How is the Lord's presence a love gift to you?

What is God saying to you?

What is your intellectual and emotional response?

What can you do to live confidently in His promises?



No comments: