Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sometimes It Takes Darkness to Appreciate the Light

Darkest night helps us see billions of sparkling stars. But we can appreciate that treasure only if there are no obstructing clouds.

The dark night of the soul is like that. A heavy heart, a burdened mind, and a crushed spirit become opportunities to encounter powerful light when we bring each situation, each emotion to the cross of Jesus Christ.

When we come to the end of ourselves, exhausted from lugging burdens God did not design us to carry, we  lift our tear stained faces toward the Creator of both night and light. Even a limp reach for Jesus Christ with a genuine desire for reconciliation brings the wind of God's Spirit that blows those clouds out of the way.

God's prevailing grace wipes away our tears, forgives confessed sin, and reveals the marvelous power of the cross.


For Your Consideration

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them (Isaiah 42:16, NIV).

Can you celebrate a time when your darkness was changed to light as you called out for the LORD?

If you are currently under a dark sky, please call to your Lord Jesus Christ. He will send the Holy Spirit to help you.

1 comment:

Paula Gast said...

I just realized I quoted this verse only 2 posts ago. I think the Lord is telling me something!!