Friday, April 29, 2011

Pray with Fresh Faith

http://www.outreachmagazine.com/features/4157-What-Happens-When-the-Church-Prays.html

The above link to Jim Cymbala's post was a good jolt for me.

In the article, What Happens When the Church Prays, Pastor Cymbala asks the question, Do we really believe God can draw anyone to Himself? 

I have been dragging my feet on corporate prayer. But I don't happily tame my prayer life. My heart needs passionate prayer. I need to pour out my heart to God and with others who want to see God break into our ordinary hum drum. If God doesn't show up, why bother trying hard for meager results?

I just had the privilege of speaking with an African follower of Jesus. She reminded me of the power of Christ that comes when God's people humble themselves and count on His power.

What might happen if we really believed that God would make a difference -- in our lives?  community? trouble spots?

And what would happen in me as God used me as part of the answer?

Do yourself a favor and read the article.

You'll be tempted to start praying with fresh faith.

No comments: