Friday, October 26, 2012

Singing God's Song

There were mainly older folk in the audience, but they were attentive. I mentioned how the Lord confirmed the topic of holiness through a hymn I'd recently sung during my devotions. I also shared, in passing, that I sometimes make up tunes to unfamiliar hymns so I can sing them to God.

After the program, Kitty shared that she also made up songs. She wove her melodies with Scripture, which proved a great help in memorizing them. We enjoyed talking at length, for she obviously loved God and His Word. She told me she sometimes sings those scriptures over individuals as God leads--usually friends.

Before we ended our conversation, she told me she had a gift for me. She began to sing.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid [John 14:27].

My heart warmed at the sound of a stranger-turned-friend singing God's Word over me. Grinning wide, I filled with gratitude. We had a holy encounter.

She had become Jesus to me by singing God's song.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing [Zephaniah 3:17, NIV].

How can you be a part of singing God's song over someone?

If you could hear God singing over you, what would you wish to hear?

Look for an opportunity to encourage someone on Jesus' behalf today.





No comments: